Saturday, March 19, 2011

How'd this happen?

I'm only 25 so I'm not sure how this happened but somehow I have a child getting ready to turn 16. So weird.

(2 of my 4 kids just read this over my shoulder and said, "Why did you say you're only 25?" Psshh. I totally am.)

We went to spend the night with the in-laws on Thursday night since it was spring break. Brad's brother and his family was visiting and we take all the chances we can to get together when they are around since they live in the Houston area. Unfortunately, I had a photo shoot and a meeting on Friday.

So we took two cars and I came back Friday with Sadie to be my assistant and Brad stayed there with the other kiddos.

So today before heading home they went to Tulsa to do some car shopping since Madi's birthday is quickly approaching and our little town doesn't have a whole lot to offer.

They started out this morning and found something at the very first lot. Kind of like a wedding gown, where girls so often fall in love with the very first one but keep trying them on just to make sure there isn't something better out there, Madi found a great one right off the bat.

We told Madi (and all the kids) years ago that we would match whatever they saved for a car. Save $4000? You'll get an $8000 car. About a year ago Madi realized we were serious. Thank goodness she didn't realize it sooner. We woulda been in trouble!

So after an afternoon of looking, lots of talking and thinking and a little bit of uncertainty...Madi bought her very first car.

WOW

Her birthday is April 3rd so right now she only has her permit. But since I was here and they were there with 2 cars she got to totally be illegal and drive home from Tulsa. Eli rode with her and manned the cell phone for any calls from Daddy who was right in front of her.

And then of course I made him call me when they were close so I could run out with my camera to be sure to capture her coming home with her new baby.

Did I say wow? Cause really. My baby just bought a car.

WOW






No comments:

Post a Comment