Thursday, March 10, 2011

Haiti or bust

So remember that meeting I went to a few weeks ago? Well, we decided to postpone the Haiti trip because we originally had it scheduled right after elections in the country. Which could have made for some extra hostile conditions during our time there.

So we are going. Just not next week when we originally planned.

We are now going the first week of April. Which is fine except that it's my baby girls 16th birthday. Her sweet 16. Kind of a big deal, right?

When I realized that's when the trip would be I told her about it.

Me: They rescheduled the Haiti trip. It's during your birthday now.

Her: That's ok.

Me: But it's your birthday.

Her: So. I'll have another one next year.

Me: But it's your SIXTEENTH birthday. It's a big deal.

Her: Mom. Seriously. It's fine.


It's hard to think that I won't be here for her 16th birthday. I won't even be in the same COUNTRY for it. It's kind of a big deal. Right?

Although maybe if I'm not here she won't turn 16. Does it work like that? Is that a way to keep her frozen at 15 forever? Yeah. I think I'll go with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment