Thursday, April 7, 2011

So much to say

When I found out that I would have some internet access while in Haiti this week I was so excited.  I had these visions of updating my blog each night with a recap of that days activities.  I'd have all my memories all contained in a nice little neat daily post.

Then I arrived in Haiti.

I now know how ridiculous that idea seems.  I could blog until the cows come home and still not be able to express everything I have experienced while here.  This has been such an amazing adventure of emotions. 

It's hard to believe that the week is almost over.  In ways it feels like we've been gone forever.  In other ways it feels like we've only just begun.  We've accomplished so much that will hopefully help the wonderful men, women and children at the Thomazeau orphanage.  Yet there is so much still left to do. 

I'm not looking forward to tomorrow.  A part of my heart will definitely stay behind with all those sweet faces.  I feel like I've gotten to know some of the kiddos so well that it will be like I'm leaving my own babies.  I can't even imagine how that will feel.  And some of their parents have already done just that.  We learned today that many of them have parents who are still living.  But they just can't care for them and so in an effort to give them a better life they give them away. 

Can you even imagine?

A little bit of good news is that we've talked to Enoch who works with the orphanage and it looks as though private adoption in the near future may be a real possibility.  My prayer tonight is that we can find home for all those sweet babies and make room for more children to come in off the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment