Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sick sick sick

I have a knack for this. Being sick I mean. It pretty much happens every year around this time and I could so do without it. Really.

Last year it was right after I got back from my mission trip to Mexico. I had worn ear plugs while I was there to drown out the noise so I could sleep a bit better. When I got home it was like my ears were still all plugged up. It lasted for what seemed like forever. I finally got an appointment with an ENT who forced the air out. It made me scream. Really loud. After that I got on allergy shots and meds and have had a fairly healthy year until now.

Nearly three weeks ago we had the blizzard of 2011. Also known around here as Snowpocalypse 2011. Crazy cold temps, wind and tons of snow had us out of school for 3 days which was great because Sadie and Teagan both had the flu that week. Near the end of the week I started feeling kind of cruddy but no fever so I figured it was nothing. The next Monday I had a migraine followed by Migraine Hangover Tuesday. On Wednesday, Snowpocalypse 2011 Part 2 hit along with another migraine. Not cool. I was out of migraine meds at this point so my neighbor across the street trekked through the snow and brought me a Treximet which saved my life. I seriously thought that headache was going to be the end of me. Seriously.

What followed then was several days of bad headaches with nausea and occasional vomiting. By Monday I had enough so I visited the doctor who put me on antibiotics for a sinus infection. Tuesday...I had another full blown migraine.

At this point, I kinda thought I should cut my head off

Head still attached, I had a CT scan on Friday to see if we could figure out what is going on in this noggin of mine. As of now I still have no answers. I'm hoping to hear something on Monday. And as much as that scan cost there had better be some results from it. If it's clear I totally want my money back.

So that's what's going on here. Crazy weather (-30 in one area of the state with a 100 degree swing within 7 days!) and crazy sicknesses.

Did I mention that in the last few days I've developed a cough too? I'm pretty sure it's a "cought due to cold" as Mr. Gump would say. Whatever it is, I'm done with it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment