Monday, February 28, 2011

The image of health

Definitely not me. Nope.

I went back to the doctor last Friday because I hadn't really seen any change. After more nose swabs (those are the worst!), a chest x-ray and blood work we don't know a whole lot more. Other than I don't have pneumonia or mono and my blood work looks good with the exception of a slightly elevated white count.

Obviously the rest I'd been trying to get wasn't helping a whole lot so I'm just trying to go about my normal schedule and pray that I don't lose a lung or get another migraine while doing it.

I've always been a huge yo-yo with my weight and health and in January of this year I decided enough was enough. I started really watching what I was eating and working out again. Unfortunately, I just wasn't seeing results.

I probably was getting results, just not the Biggest Loser super fast results I wanted.

Then the beginning of February came and we got snowed in. Twice. And then I started getting sick. So I turned back into a slug.

I know I need to be healthy. Not just for me but for those around me who love me and want me to be around for a nice long time so I can always nag them.

So this morning I drug myself over to my dresser and dug out my spandex that scream at me when I wear them because they are stretched so tight. Poor spandex. And then I drove myself across town and worked out for the first time in 3 weeks.

I'm pretty sure part or all of one lung might still be in the room. I have another one though so I'm good. Maybe?

And I found this little pretty on Rhonna's site and wanted to share.


I'm not sure why it's posting so small but the little tag reads "Nothing tastes as good as HEALTHY feels." Rhonna mentioned that the quote is actually "skinny" but that her goal (and mine!) is to be healthy. So...
here's to being healthy! Even if my body doesn't really want to cooperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment