Thursday, December 17, 2009

Still here

This time of the year is so incredibly busy, yet God has continued to echo His desire for me. I continue to pray that Brad will feel as I do. Until then though, I'm at a bit of a stand still. I know that He wouldn't have put this so strongly on my heart if He didn't intend for Brad to be beside me. So until Brad is ready I will just continue to pray and wait. Ugh, waiting. It's hard for me!

Today I had the opportunity to help a single mother with a small foster child by purchasing clothing and shoes for him. I got really weepy standing in the kids clothing department at Wal-Mart trying to find the right thing for this little boy. What started out as an easy task just broke my heart as I thought about this little boy and the fact that he doesn't have a mommy and daddy caring for him. I just wanted to get him some new clothing but the t-shirts stating "Mommy's Angel" and "Daddy's Helper" got me thinking about him and his circumstances. I don't even know this little boy but for me he represents so many children that are without loving families. Children that I've never really thought much about until recently.

This Christmas as we all celebrate surrounded with plenty of gifts and loving families I will be thinking of children around the world who are without so much. Children who desperately need families to care for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment